Stone Fruit Salad with Mint & Toasted Almonds
A simple, refreshing side.
- 3-4 small stone fruits, like peaches, nectarines, or apricots
- 1/4 cup toasted almonds, chopped
- 3-4 mint leaves, cut into thin strips
- Arugula or salad greens, if desired (the salad makes a fine side with just the stone fruit, too)
- 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp honey
- Salt and pepper
- Halve each of the stone fruit and remove the pits. Slice each half into thirds or fourths. In a medium sized bowl, mix the fruit with the extra virgin olive oil, honey, and salt and pepper. Season delicately at first, since the fruit doesn't need much salt. Allow to sit for five minutes before serving.
- Serve topped with the mint and almonds, on top of a bed of greens, if desired.
Narrative Food Blog http://blog.narrativefood.com/