Order Deadline: Noon, Tuesday, July 26th
ABOUT THIS BOX
Every Wednesday when we head down to the Santa Monica farmer’s market to pick up produce for our farm-to-table boxes, we are delighted to see Helene, the force behind Malibu Farm, collecting many of the same ingredients for her fabled restaurant. We love her kindred farm-to-table spirit. So when her new cookbook arrived, we knew we had to create a Malibu Farm Cookbook Box, complete with ingredients to cook the seasonal recipes from her book. These are some of our favorites.
Our large Real Food Boxes will include ingredients to cook five meals. This week, for a special treat, instead of three omnivore and two vegetarian meals, we are featuring two cuts of meat and one salmon fillet! Highlights in this box include:
- Fresh line-caught California King Salmon from Captain Ben of Wild Local Seafood, a true steward of the seas
- Fresh, creamery goat cheese
- Our favorite Malibu honey from hives spotted across Point Dume and the Santa Monica Mountains, as featured in the cookbook — raw and unfiltered
- Unsprayed corn on the cob from Lane Farms of the Goleta Valley since 1868. Their roadside stand in Santa Barbara is a local tradition with the tastiest corn in the land.
- Fair Trade Couscous from women-owned Palestinian co-ops promoting peace between Israel and Palestine.
- A beautiful array of seasonal and sustainably-grown fruits and veggies from our favorite local farms seals the deal.
- Honey Lemon Saffron Chicken with Green Beans and Carrots
- CA King Salmon and Grainy Mustard Dressing with Broccoli and Mashed Potatoes
- Bu Better Beef Burger with Goat Cheese with Figs & Rosemary
- Orzo with Tomatoes, Peppers, Olives
- Saffron Israeli Couscous with Corn & Sugar Snap Peas
Omnivore 5-meal Real Food Boxes include ingredients for all the recipes, plus additional staples and fruit.
Vegetarian 5-meal Real Food Boxes include ingredients for Orzo with Tomatoes, Peppers, Olives and the Saffron Israeli Couscous with Corn and Sugar Snap Peas and the ingredients for 2-3 more meals of your own invention, such as Goat Cheese with Figs and Rosemary, plus additional staples and fruit.
Omnivore 2-meal Real Food Boxes include ingredients for the Honey Lemon Saffron Chicken with Green Beans and Carrots and the Saffron Israeli Couscous with Corn & Sugar Snap Pea.
Vegetarian 2-meal Real Food Boxes include ingredients for Orzo with Tomatoes, Peppers, Olives and the Saffron Israeli Couscous with Corn and Sugar Snap Peas.