Order Deadline: Noon, Tuesday, March 8th
ABOUT THIS BOX
One of this decade’s most beautiful and lauded cookbooks must be Jerusalem: A Cookbook, by Yotam Ottolenghi and Sami Tamimi, chefs who grew up on opposite sides of the divided city — Mr. Tamimi in the Arab East, Mr. Ottolenghi in the Jewish West. Published in 2012, this book has sold hundreds of thousands of copies, and inspired people to create entire Facebook pages devoted to cooking the recipes, an Instagram hashtag #tastingjrslm, and blogs in its honor. A favorite book of the New York Times Food, Food 52, and everyone else who cares about food, Jerusalem: A Cookbook has inspired us to create the Jerusalem Box right before Easter (and uh, a month before Passover). This year Easter and Passover are several weeks apart, making it one of those years that lacks some synchronicity. But that doesn’t mean we can’t vibe with the spirit of the Holy Land. It is nearly the Spring Equinox, after all!
So this week, roll up your sleeves and savour the beautiful meals you will make, inspired by this great cookbook. A trip through the culinary landscape of Jerusalem could just be life-changing for you and yours.
Your box will contain quail for an Easter feast, Pearl Barley, Greek Yogurt, an obligatory chunk of Feta Cheese, Dried Apricots and Currants. We are also hoping for the first Fava Beans of the season — a strong first sign that spring is well on its way!
- Braised Quail with Apricots and Currants
- Chicken with Caramelized Onion and Cardamom Rice
- Meatballs with Fava Beans & Lemon
- Barley Risotto with Marinated Feta
• Omnivore 5-meal Real Food Box includes ingredients for all the recipes, plus additional staples and fruit.
• Vegetarian 5-meal Real Food Box includes ingredients for the Barley Risotto with Marinated Feta and Latkes, plus ingredients for 2-3 more meals of your own invention, plus additional staples and fruit.
• Omnivore 2-meal Real Food box includes ingredients for the Braised Quail with Apricots and Currants and the Latkes
• Vegetarian 2-meal Real Food box includes ingredients for the Barley Risotto with Marinated Feta and Latkes