Algerian Roasted Vegetables
- 1 onion, cut into 1/4" slices
- 1 zucchini, cut into 1/4" semi-circles
- 2 carrots (or more), peeled and chopped
- 2 beets (or more), peeled and chopped
- 1 tomato (or more), chopped
- 1 1/2 cup cooked chickpeas
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp vegetable or extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 tsp ground paprika
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, thoroughly mix together the onions, zucchini, carrots, beets, chickpeas, tomatoes, garlic, oil, lemon juice, and seasonings.
- Spread the vegetables onto an unoiled 11x17" baking tray. Bake for 20 minutes. Stir well and bake for another 20 minutes, until the vegetables are tender.
- Serve over a grain such as couscous, topped with toasted almonds, chopped herbs, raisins, chopped hardboiled egg, or grated feta.
- Not Included in Large Real Food Boxes: Olive Oil, Cinnamon, Paprika, Cumin, Salt & Pepper
OTB Blog http://blog.outoftheboxcollective.com/