Beef with Bok Choi, Mushrooms and Noodles
- a pack of thin rice noodles
- Beef top sirloin
- olive oil
- 3 teaspoons of ground cumin
- sea salt
- 1 red onion, finely sliced
- 2 thumb-sized pieces fresh ginger, peeled and finely sliced
- 1 fresh red chili, deseeded and finely sliced
- 2 handfuls shiitake and/or oyster mushrooms, brushed clean and torn up
- 2 1/2 cups organic vegetable or chicken stock
- 1 bunch bok choi, quartered
- Soak the noodles in boiling water according to the packet instructions. Meanwhile, rub the beef with olive oil, sprinkle with the cumin and a small pinch of salt and rub all over.
- Place in a really hot frying pan and sear on all sides. Add the onion, ginger and chili and cook for a couple of minutes, then add the mushrooms, stock and bok choi.
- Drain the noodles and add them to the pan. Stir around, and correct the seasoning. Remove the sirloin, and slice it thin. For each person you are serving, distribute the noodles and bok choi into soup bowls, then distribute the beef slices on top. Pour over the broth from the pan and serve.
- Not Included in the Box: Olive oil, cumin
- Chef Tips: Once you pour in the vegetable stock, turn the heat down to low. This will prevent the beef from boiling in the liquid and becoming dry. A handful of chopped cilantro and a splash of soy sauce added directly to each bowl is a great way to finish this brothy dish.
OTB Blog http://blog.outoftheboxcollective.com/