- 1 lb cod or white fish cut into 1/4-inch pieces
- Juice of 3 limes
- 1/2 tablespoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 plum tomatoes, seeds and pulp removed, diced
- 1/4 red onion, diced
- 1/4 bunch fresh cilantro, finely chopped (without stems)
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 jalapeno, sliced (optional)
- Lime wedges
- Marinate the fish in a nonreactive bowl with the lime juice, salt and pepper.
- Add tomatoes, onion, cilantro and olive oil. Toss.
- Add jalapeno, if desired.
- Serve with lime wedges and tortilla chips or saltine crackers. The ceviche also makes a good tostada.
- Tip: use a spoon to scrape the inside of the tomatoes to remove the seeds and pulp.
- Not Included in Large Kitchen Box: Salt, Pepper, Olive OIl.
Narrative Food Blog http://blog.narrativefood.com/