Chicken and Rice
- Chicken legs or 1/2 Chicken - Patted Dry and seasoned well with salt & pepper
- Leftover Veggies (you should have enough left over from the short rib recipe)
- Onion - 1/2, chopped
- Garlic - 2, chopped
- Rice -
- Pat dry the juicy chicken pieces and season well with salt and pepper. If using a 1/2 chicken, cut into 3-4 pieces.
- Chop up some veggies: carrots, your beautiful Romanesco cauliflower, etc.
- Fry chicken in olive oil, skin side down. When chicken pieces are golden brown, drop a handful of onion and garlic into the pan. Careful, they may want to burn, so stir quickly.
- After a minute or two with the onion mix in the pan, add the vegetables with salt and pepper, and cover with a lid. The lid will force the vegetables to steam and release all their natural juices.
- Next, add a measured amount of rice and liquid, and cook everything in the pot together. When the rice is finished cooking, the chicken will be ready.
OTB Blog http://blog.outoftheboxcollective.com/