Chicken Salad With Shelling Beans and Roasted Tomatoes
- 2 cups shelled fresh shelling beans, such as cranberry or cannellini
- 2½ tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 1½ teaspoons smoked paprika
- Flaky sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped rosemary
- ½ shallot, finely diced
- 2 cups roasted or poached chicken breast or thighs*
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 lemon, halved
- 4 cups arugula
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Add beans to a medium pot filled halfway with salted water. Set pot over high heat and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and gently simmer beans until tender, about 30 minutes. Drain and toss beans dry. Transfer cooked beans to a large bowl. Toss beans with 1½ tablespoons red wine vinegar, 2 tablespoons olive oil, paprika and salt to taste.
- Meanwhile, in a small roasting pan, toss tomatoes with 2 tablespoons olive oil, rosemary, thyme, and salt and pepper to taste. Spread tomatoes out in a single layer and transfer pan to oven. Roast tomatoes until caramelized and wrinkled, about 20 minutes. Meanwhile, place shallots in a medium salad bowl, cover with remaining vinegar and oil, and season with a pinch of salt. Set bowl aside.
- Toss chicken into bowl with seasoned beans. Add roasted tomatoes, pan drippings, tarragon and scallions and mix until well combined. Season with salt, pepper and lemon juice to taste.
- Add arugula to salad bowl with macerated shallots. Toss greens to coat and season with salt. Serve chicken salad with arugula salad.
- *to cook your chicken, simply poach it gently in simmering water or stock, OR, season it lightly and roast it at 375 degrees for 20-25 minutes.
OTB Blog http://blog.outoftheboxcollective.com/