Couscous Salad with Cherry Tomatoes, Cucumber, & Lots of Herbs
- 1 Pint grape tomatoes, halved
- 2 cucumbers, seeded, and diced
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 1/2 cups couscous
- 2 cups water
- 2 wide strips lemon zest
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Pinch cayenne
- 1/2 cup basil
- 1/2 cup roughly chopped flat leaf parsley or cilantro, stems saved
- Onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup toasted pine nuts, optional
- Toss the tomatoes, cucumbers, and lemon juice in a bowl with 1/2 teaspoon of the salt. Set aside.
- Put the couscous into a large bowl. Bring the water, lemon zest, 3 tablespoons of the oil, the remaining salt, cayenne, and herb stems to a boil over high heat. Pour the liquid over the couscous, stir to separate any clumps. Cover with a lid, plate, or plastic wrap, set aside for 5 minutes. Remove the zest and herb stems and fluff with a fork.
- Add the tomato mixture, chopped onion, basil, parsley, and pine nuts. Drizzle the remaining oil over the salad, toss and serve.
- Not Included in Large Real Food Box: Slat, Olive Oil, Cayenne, pine nuts (optional)
OTB Blog http://blog.outoftheboxcollective.com/