Eggplant Parmesan Bake
A simple, lighter take on traditional eggplant parmesan using Summer's bounty.
- 1 medium eggplant, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- Salt to taste
- 2 large tomatoes, sliced
- 1 medium onion, sliced very thin (optional)
- 3-4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- burrata cheese
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Place eggplant slices in a colander over a plate; sprinkle with salt and toss. Let stand 30 minutes. Rinse and drain well.
- Preheat oven to 450°.
- Layer eggplant, tomato and onion in a lightly greased 13x9-in. baking dish.
- Drizzle with 1/2 the butter; sprinkle with basil. Cover and bake 20 minutes.
- Toss bread crumbs and remaining butter.
- Arrange cheese over vegetables; sprinkle with crumb mixture and Parmesan cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, for 10 minutes or until cheese is bubbly.
- Serve with a green salad.
OTB Blog http://blog.outoftheboxcollective.com/