Frisee salad with poached egg and mustard vinaigrette
- Eggs - 1-2 per person
- Mustard - 1 TB
- olive oil - 1 TB
- Red Wine Vinegar - a splash
- Frisee Salad - a head
- Salt & Pepper - to taste
- Bacon (Optional)
To poach an egg
- Pour some water into a shallow pan with a splash of vinegar. Simmer slowly. When you see a slight bubbling, stir the water to create movement in the pan.
- Gently crack your egg into the pan, and keep stirring slowly so it doesn't stick to the bottom.
- Cook for 6 min, then fish out the egg and rest it on a paper towel.
- Start the salad dressing by combining mustard, salt, pepper and one tablespoon of vinegar in a bowl. Whisk until smooth, adding olive oil slowly so it emulsifies. Add as much olive oil as you want.
- The real recipe calls for bacon but this is optional. If you wish to add bacon, chop into fine pieces, sauté it in a pan then mix it into the vinaigrette.
- When you are ready to serve, toss salad in dressing then top the salad with your poached eggs.
- Not Included in Large Real Food Box: Olive Oil, Red Wine Vinegar, Salt & Pepper, Bacon (optional)
OTB Blog http://blog.outoftheboxcollective.com/