Sweet Potato and Soba Noodle Bowl
- 1 head cauliflower, separated into florets
- 3 TBS olive oil, divided
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1-2 sweet potatoes, peeled
- 6 ounces soba buckwheat noodles
- 1/4 cup pistachios, shelled
- 2 TBS soy sauce
- 1/8 tsp ground ginger or 1 tsp chopped fresh ginger (optional)
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 TBS chopped parsley
- 1 bell pepper, julienned (cut into long, thin strips)
- 1. Preheat oven to 425. Put the cauliflower on a heavy baking sheet and drizzle it generously with half the olive oil and a few large pinches of salt and pepper, and put it in the oven to roast for about 20 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, bring a pot of water to a boil. If you have a spiralizer, use it to cut your sweet potato into "noodles". If not, use a knife to cut the sweet potato into long, very thin strips. You could also use a vegetable peeler to make long, flat strips of sweet potato. Cook the soba noodles in the water for 4-5 minutes (it differs depending on the type- taste one after 4 minutes). When they are al dente, remove from the boiling water, rinse in cold water, and immediately stir in 1 tsp salt (I use my hands). Save the pasta water.
- 3. Make the dressing: in a blender combine the pistachios, soy sauce, ginger (optional), lemon juice, and 1/4 cup of the pasta water. It should be a thick, creamy dressing. If it's too thick, add more pasta water.
- 4. In a large saute pan, heat the other half of the olive oil and add the sweet potato noodles. Stir and cook on medium high heat for 3-4 minutes. Carefully add 1/4 cup of pasta water and keep cooking until the sweet potatoes are tender and water has evaporated, about 4-5 more minutes. Add the soba noodles and cook for 1 minute to heat through.
- 5. In a bowl put the hot soba noodles and sweet potatoes, top with the roasted cauliflower, chopped parsley, and julienned bell pepper. Drizzle with the dressing and enjoy.
- Not Included In the Box: Olive oil, salt, pepper, soy sauce, ginger (optional)
OTB Blog http://blog.outoftheboxcollective.com/