Grilled Hot Dogs & Corn on the Cob with Cilantro Lime Butter
- For the Hot Dogs
- Hot Dogs, your potion
- Hot Dog buns, your portion
- Onion - 1/2, sliced (optional)
- Olive Oil - 5 ounces (optional)
- soy sauce- optional
- For the Corn
- 2 ears sweet corn, husks removed
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 tsp fresh lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lime peel
- Cotija or other crumbly cheese (optional)
- Grill the hot dogs to your liking. If you like your hot dogs with onion, saute thinly sliced onion in a pan, or in foil on the grill, with butter or olive oil, until caramelized. Once the onions are caramelized add a splash a little soy sauce and remove the from the heat.
- For delicious corn on the cob
- In a small bowl mix butter, cilantro, lime juice and zest.
- Cover tightly with plastic wrap and chill in refrigerator 30 minutes or until ready to use.
- Grill corn over medium heat, turning occasionally, until speckled with char spots and tender (about 15 to 20 minutes.)
- Carefully remove corn from grill and serve with butter and grated cheese, if desired.
- Not Included in the Large Real Food Box: Olive Oil, Soy Sauce, Salt & Pepper
OTB Blog http://blog.outoftheboxcollective.com/