Moroccan Pita Pockets
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- Handful of toasted almonds, chopped
- Handful of dried apricots, chopped
- 1 pint of cherry tomatoes, cut in half or some sliced tomatoes
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped (or less, to taste)
- 1/4 cup parsley, chopped (or less, to taste)
- 1 tsp cumin seeds or za'atar
- Pinch of cinnamon
- Salt and pepper
- Cucumber, sliced
- 4-6 pita, cut in half and warmed
- Heat the olive oil and butter in a large skillet. Add the onion and fry gently until lightly browned and transparent. Add the garlic and saute for 1 minute.
- Add the ground beef, chopped apricots, nuts, and spices, stirring often until meat is cooked through. Season with salt and pepper. Off the heat, add cilantro and parsley, if desired.
- Fill warm pita with beef mixture and garnish with tomatoes, yogurt, and cucumber.
- Not Included in Large Real Food Boxes: Olive OIl, Butter (included in Large 3-5 size boxes), Cinammon
OTB Blog http://blog.outoftheboxcollective.com/