Pea Soup with Ham Hocks
- olive oil - 1/4 cup
- onion - 1, chopped
- celery stalks - 2, chopped
- carrots - 2, quartered and cut into small pieces
- sprouted peas - 1 lb, rinsed
- chicken stock or water - 2 quarts
- ham hocks - 1 - 2
- salt and pepper - to taste
- Put ham hocks to boil in a pot of water ahead of time, for about 1/2 hour.
- Chop onions, celery, and carrots. Rinse peas.
- In a large saucepan, sauté onion, celery and carrots over medium heat.
- Add peas and ham hocks to pan and cover with liquid by a couple of inches. Bring to a simmer.
- Cook until soup is thick and peas have almost disintegrated but not quite.
- Remove from heat and serve hot.
- Season with S&P
OTB Blog http://blog.outoftheboxcollective.com/