Roast Grapes with Pistachio Dukkah and Lemon
- 1 bunch grapes, such as concord or red flame
- 2 TBS extra virgin olive oil
- 3 TBS pistachios, shelled
- 1 TBS white sesame seeds
- 1 tsp coriander seeds
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1/2 tsp dried mint
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper, coarsely ground
- 1/4 of a lemon (or lime)
- 1- Wash the grapes but leave them in bunches. Preheat oven to 375F. Heat an oven-proof skillet and add the olive oil. Add the bunch of grapes and saute on medium heat for 2 minutes. Use tongs to flip the grapes and place the pan in the oven. Roast for 15-20 minutes until seared and slightly jammy.
- 2- While the grapes roast, make the dukkah: place the pistachios and all the seeds into a small pan and toast them on medium heat on the stove, shaking the pan until the ingredients are fragrant, about 3-4 minutes. Remove from the pan and coarsely grind the toasted ingredients. Mix in the dried mint, sea salt, and black pepper.
- 3- Drain the grapes on paper towels, place on a platter, squeeze the lemon or lime over them, and sprinkle them with the pistachio dukkah.
- Serve these hot as an appetizer or side dish.
- Not Included in the Box: Extra virgin olive oil, sesame seeds, coriander and cumin seeds, dried mint, sea salt, black pepper
OTB Blog http://blog.outoftheboxcollective.com/