Savory Bread Pudding
- Stale Bread -
- Onions -
- Leftover veggies -
- Eggs - 8-10
- Cheddar or Seascape Cheese - Grated
- Herbs - Chopped
- Sour Cream or Cream - 3/4 cup
- Salt and Pepper
- Dice, rip, shred or tear any stale or day-old bread or rolls and place in a pyrex or casserole dish.
- Next, saute some onions and any leftover vegetables from the week (carrots, pea tendrils?), and spread them on and in the bread in the casserole dish.
- Whisk together 8-10 eggs, some grated cheese, some chopped fresh herbs, and about half to 3/4 cup of sour cream or cream, or even milk if that's all you have. Add salt and pepper to the mix and pour over the bread and vegetables in your dish.
- Let the bread in the pan fully absorb the liquid and then bake in the oven at 325' F for 45 minutes, or until bread pudding is “solid wiggly” not “loose wiggly”. Serve it up with a green salad, cheese, and you’re good to go.
Narrative Food Blog http://blog.narrativefood.com/