Skillet Chicken Thighs with Rice and a Green Salad
A Delicious spin on a traditional dish that will bring a smile to the faces everyone in your family!
- Chicken Thighs (1-2 per person)
- 4 Cloves of Garlic
- 2 Sprigs of Rosemary or Thyme
- 1-2 Lemon
- 1 1/2 cups of Crimini Mushrooms
- 4 Tbsp salt
- 6 Tbsp Olive oil
- 1-2 Cups Rice
- Greens- 1-2 Heads of lettuce/ 4 cups of arugula, etc.
- Preheat oven to 425°. Chop the rosemary leaves and garlic and then transfer into a bowl. Stir in the juice of 1 lemon and the olive oil. Add 2 tablespoons of salt and the chicken, and flip to cover with sauce.
- Heat a large cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken, skin-side down, cover and cook until the skin browns, about 5 minutes. Turn the chicken; add the mushrooms to the skillet and drizzle with the juice of the remaining lemon.
- Add the rosemary sprigs and the squeezed lemon halves to the skillet; transfer to the oven and roast, uncovered, until the chicken is cooked through and the skin is crisp, 20 to 25 minutes. Ladle the sauce from the baking pan once or twice onto the chicken to keep the chicken moist.
- Wash and rinse the rice until the water is clear. Place in a saucepan with double the amount of water and a dash salt and stir once. Bring to a boil, then turn the heat all the way down and cover the pan tightly with a lid. Cook on the lowest heat possible for 10-15 mins without uncovering the pan. Serve with butter, lemon, and salt to taste! Or a dash of parsley if you have some!
- Green Salad
- Chop and rinse your lettuce. Chop two cloves of garlic and add to 4 tablespoons of olive oil. Add 2 teaspoons of salt and mix and squeeze a quarter of a lemon as well. Stir up your dressing and douse your greens with it.
- Simple, delicious, and something everyone in the family will love!
- Not Included in Large Kitchen Box: Salt, Olive OIl, Rice
OTB Blog http://blog.outoftheboxcollective.com/