Marinated Steak Tacos
- 1-1.5 lbs skirt steak or carne asada
- 2 cloves of garlic, mashed
- 1 large handful fresh cilantro leaves
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 limes, juiced
- 1 orange, juiced
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- Rub the marinade all over the steak, and allow to sit in a covered bowl overnight. Remove from the fridge one hour before you plan to cook it.
- When the steak is ready to cook, heat up a large cast iron pan or a grill pan on high heat. (Or better yet, if you have a grill, heat that up!) You may need to cut your steak into pieces in order to get it to fit in the pan. Add a small amount of vegetable oil to the pan, and add your skirt steak. Cook for 4-5 minutes on one side, until well-browned, then turn it over and do the same thing. You want the steak to be medium rare, ideally, so you should cook it to about 130-135 degrees, if you have a thermometer. Allow the steak to rest for 5-10 minutes.
- Slice the steak across the grain into thin pieces. Warm the tortillas in the oven or over a flame and fill each one with a little steak, and all desired toppings, like onion, avocado, salsa, etc.
- Serve with a side of rice and/or beans, if desired.
- Not included in the Real Food Box: WHite vinegar, kosher salt, pepper, EVOO
OTB Blog http://blog.outoftheboxcollective.com/