Stir Fried Shredded Cabbage and Fall Vegetables
- 1/2 head cabbage, finely shredded
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp grapeseed oil or other neutral flavored oil like avocado oil
- 1/2 an onion, cut into long thin shapes
- 1 cup green beans, cleaned and split lengthwise
- 2 carrots, cut into long thin matchstick shapes
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup mushrooms, cleaned and quartered
- 1/4 cup parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup vegetable broth, white wine, or water
- 1/2 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- In a large bowl, mix the cabbage, sugar, and salt. Set this in a colander over a bowl, and allow it to drain while you chop the other vegetables.
- On high heat on the stove, heat a wok or large skillet. Add the grapeseed or avocado oil, then add the onion, cabbage, and green beans and stir-fry 1-2 minutes.
- Add the carrots, garlic, and mushrooms and stir-fry another 1-2 minutes on high heat.
- Add the parsley, broth (or wine or water), soy sauce, and sesame oil and turn the heat down to medium-low. Allow to simmer until the sauce glazes the vegetables, about 2-3 minutes.
- Enjoy it hot with steamed rice!
- Chef Tip: You can add 1 tsp chopped fresh ginger along with the garlic, if you wish. Or, try adding 1/4 tsp of sriracha sauce or your favorite hot sauce near the end.
- Not included in the box: sugar, salt, broth or white wine, soy sauce, sesame oil.
OTB Blog http://blog.outoftheboxcollective.com/