Serve with Leopard Lettuce Salad
Tuscan Cassoulet Soup
- cannelini beans - 2 cups
- extra virgin olive oil - drizzle
- extra virgin olive oil - 3 T
- onion chopped - 1 cup
- minced garlic - 4 cloves
- carrots peeled, halved lengthwise and sliced (optional) - 3 small or 1 1/4 cups
- chopped tomato - 1/2 cup
- fresh sage - 2 TBS
- coarse salt - 1 TBS
- grated parmesan cheese - to taste
- fresh ground black pepper - to taste
- If the beans are dried, soak them in plenty of cold water overnight to start to rehydrate them.
- Place the olive oil, onions and garlic in a large heavy bottomed pot over medium heat.
- When the garlic begins to sizzle, after about 30 seconds, add the carrots and continue to cook, stirring, for about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the tomatoes and sage and cook, stirring occasionally, for an additional 3 minutes.
- Add the beans (drained), cover with fresh cold water and stir to combine.
- Bring to a boil, reduce the heat and simmer, partially covered, until the beans are tender and creamy: check after around half an hour.
- Add water if necessary to achieve desired consistency; the soup should be thick.
- Add the salt halfway through the cooking.
- Serve with freshly grated Parmesan cheese and freshly grated black pepper with a drizzle of olive oil.
- Not Included in Large Kitchen Box: Olive OIl, Salt, Parmesan, Pepper
Narrative Food Blog http://blog.narrativefood.com/