A Toasty Autumn Pilaf
- 4 TBS butter
- 2 cups orzo pasta
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/8 tsp allspice
- 1/4 tsp fresh thyme
- 1/2 an onion, diced small
- 1 cup corn kernels or squash, diced small
- 2 red bell peppers, diced small
- 3 carrots, diced small
- 4 cloves garlic, diced
- 2 1/4 cups vegetable stock
- 1/4 cup parsley, chopped
- 1- In a medium saucepot that has a well-fitting lid, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the orzo and stir over medium heat until slightly toasted, about 3-4 minutes.
- 2- Add all of the vegetables and spices. Continue to stir and cook another 4-5 minutes, until vegetables are soft and slightly golden.
- 3- Add the stock, cover, and simmer 10 minutes. Turn off the heat and let the pan sit another 5 minutes. Stir in the parsley with a fork.
- Pair this with grilled tofu and grilled mushrooms, or any other protein you like.
- Not included in the box: cayenne pepper, allspice, fresh thyme
/Narrative Food http://blog.narrativefood.com/