Persimmon and Creepy Cheese Caprese
I love to use persimmons instead of tomatoes in the fall. The flavor is superb in salads, and their orange color is great for Halloween!
- 3-4 ripe fuyu persimmons
- Your portion of purple haze cheese
- About 20 leaves of basil, torn in half if large
- 1 TBS balsamic vinegar
- 2 TBS good quality extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 tsp coarse salt such as maldon, smoked salt, or kosher salt
- 1/8 tsp coarsely ground black pepper
- Slice the persimmons into rounds 1/4 inch thick. Slice the cheese 1/8-1/4 inch thick as well.
- On a serving plate, layer the persimmon slices, cheese slices, and basil leaves alternately.
- Sprinkle the salad with balsamic vinegar, extra virgin olive oil, coarse salt, and coarsely ground black pepper.
- Not included in the Box: extra virgin olive oil, balsamic vinegar, coarse salt, coarsely ground black pepper
Narrative Food Blog http://blog.narrativefood.com/