Summery Corn, Avocado & Basil Salad
- 2 ears of fresh corn (raw or grilled)
- 1/2 basket of cherry tomatoes
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1/2 cucumber, peeled and seeded
- Baby Kale, your portion
- 1 cup loosely packed chopped fresh basil
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 4 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon sea or kosher salt
- 6 tablespoons (90ml) extra-virgin olive oil
- Shuck the corn and remove it from the cob.
- Remove any stems and slice the cherry tomatoes in half.
- Peel the avocado, remove the pit, and dice the flesh.
- Cut the cucumber into similar sized cubes.
- Put the corn kernels, tomatoes, avocado, cucumber, baby kale and basil into a serving bowl and season with freshly ground black pepper.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the vinegar, mustard, salt, and olive oil. Pour the vinaigrette dressing over the salad and gently mix together. Taste, and add more salt and pepper if necessary.
- Not Included: Salt, Pepper, Red Wine vinegar, Dijon mustard, Olive Oil
OTB Blog http://blog.outoftheboxcollective.com/