- Stew meat - 1 pound, cubed or cut
- Onion (opt.) - 1, peeled and chopped coarsely
- Carrots - 3, cut into 1/2 inch circle discs
- Fennel Bulb - 1, cut into large chunks
- Roma Tomatoes - 2, cut into quarters
- Fresh Parsley - 2 tablespoons, chopped
- Bonnie's Tasty Herb Rub (or dried oregano and thyme) - 3 tablespoons
- Water or Chicken Stock - 6 cups
- Salt and pepper to taste -
- For the Pluot Peach Salad:
- Pluots - 4, diced small
- Peaches - 4, diced small
- Agave Nectar or Honey - 1 tablespoons
- Lime - juice from 1
- Sage - 1 tablespoon, freshly chopped
- Plain Yogurt - 1 cup
For the Beef Stew: Add all the ingredients to a slow cooker, or large stock pot.
Slow Cooker: cook on high for 7-9 hours.
Large stock pot: bring to a boil. Lower heat and cover for about 3 hours. After 3 hours, remove the lid and continue to simmer for another 2 hours, until sauce thickens. Adjust seasoning as needed.
Serve with crusty bread or rice. Adjust seasoning as needed.
For the Peach Pluot Salad:
Add the first five ingredients to a bowl and stir thoroughly. Let stand for 10 minutes. Use this mixture to top the plain yogurt. Serve chilled.